Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cheers from Europe!


December 28, 2010

Hello all!

Aye, I've been out of the States for less than 24 hours and i'm already loving it. Yesterday, I boarded a flight to Toronto, Canada in the early evening...nothing too exciting about my airport view of the city, but I definitely enjoyed people watching like a true creep. Oh, and did you know that Toronto is the most diverse city in the world? Yupppp! Check it out sometime!

After my short layover in Toronto, I boarded an overnight flight to Frankfurt, Germany. The flight wasn't too awful since I got a free dinner and watched movies for most of the night! HOWEVER, we landed at what I thought was 5:00am, but turned out it was actually noon in Germany and there was no time to waste! I checked-in my luggage, grabbed my boarding pass and caught a train into the city right away!

Getting here, however, wasn't as easy as I thought. I found myself staring at the train schedule and ticket box, written completely in german, for ten minutes before someone helped me and then off I was. Definitely the first time I've EVER experienced culture shock in my life. Anyway, I got into the downtown district 15 minutes later and began my exploration for german beer and bratwursts! Unfortunately, I never found a decent mini-brewery :( Instead I wandered into this quaint courtyard and stumbled upon what appeared to be an outdoor cafe! HA, boy was I fooled. The gentlemen gave me a sample of a heated wine beverage combined with beer and other spices. Yeah, it sounds gross, but it was DELICIOUS!!! Afterwards, the friendly fellow gave me a brief snapshop of downtown Frankfurt and sent me on my way. Two blocks from the cafe was an upscale shopping district, filled with brands I wish I could afford (Girogio Armani, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry, and Versace). Window shopping got really old, so I wandered around until I found Coffee Fellows, a trendy cafe shop with free wi-fi and the BEST german chocolates around (apparently). After I eat my chocolates, I'm going to walk around a bit more, take everything in, snap a few photos, grab dinner and take the train back to the airport.

Alright folks, I think I've worn out my welcome at this coffee shop! Cheers until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Hey son love your blog. Your post was like a chapter out of a book. I will check it everyday religiously. You may have gotten it but I sent an email as well. Well love ya mom. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete