Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Made it to Cape Town!


Hello friends,

I made it to Cape Town today....barely!
My luggage was left in Germany and the cab drivers tried to cheat me out of cab fare, which I whad no tolerance for...i'm sorry, R250 (over $40 for a 15 mile ride...yeah, no). Nevertheless, I made it into the city safely and cheered up minutes later as we drove through some of surrounding townships. Some of the homes in the townships were covered in used sheet metal, cardboard, and ripped tarps. It was at that very moment that I decided that I could be in a far worse situation and that lost luggage and irritating cab drivers are the least of my worries.

So I'm staying at the Penthouse on Long (Long St), one of the busiest areas in Cape Town and it has the BEST nightlife in the city...coincidence? Nope, I planned that beforehand :) When I checked in, I was sent to the ATM to do a currency exchange and buy a few clothing items and toiletries...then came back and passed out. I was drained from my 12 hour flight from Germany and spent most of the afternoon napping and charging my electronics.

Oh, and I'm not alone! I'm sharing a room with 19 other people..haha, 2 are from California and Boston and the others are from Germany and Norway...I think we're going out later? Why not...

Anyways, they charge me to use this internet, so I'm going to cut it here! I made it safe, my luggage arrives tomorrow, and i'll be touring the city tomorrow morning and i'm trying Seiko fish soup for dinner...yummm!

Until next time...

MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment